- 449.700 MHz output/444.700 MHz input
- CTCSS 107.2 Hz
- NAC $702
- AllStar Node Number: 42631
- Click here for node status
- All amateurs are invited and encouraged to connect to this node
- Echolink Node Number: 881948
- Motorola Quantar
- ERP 156.36018 watts
- Because of power restrictions outlined in §97.313(f) of the Federal Communication Commission rules, and the location of the repeater just south of 37°0′ N.
- Radio Frequency Systems 201-7N antenna
- Check out real-time webcams of the site by clicking here
- Check-out real-time weather information by clicking here (be sure to select Low Potosi)
Repeater Outages & Updates
- December 20, 2021 – P25 service has been restored to the Sin City 700.
September 10, 2021 – The dead Station Control Module on the Quantar was replaced, but P25 service is temporarily suspended. September 9, 2021 – The Station Control Module on the Quantar died. Wednesday, January 27, 2021 – Service has been restored to half of the mountain this afternoon around 1400 hours local. In the process of restoring power, NV Energy flipped one of its International service vehicles. No one was injured. Seven poles were replaced as were several transformers on the mountaintop. Tuesday, January 26, 2021 – Power to the site has been disrupted. NV Energy is currently working to restore service. Several poles are down. Service is anticipated to be restored late in the evening. Monday, January 25, 2021 – Due to winter weather, the power to the site has been intermittent.
Projected Base Station Coverage
This projection map is based on a receiving station using a unity gain antenna at 20 feet off the ground.
Projected Portable Station Coverage
This projection map is based on a receiving station with an HT standing-up on the ground.
Antenna on the Tower
Behind Every Great Repeater is a Team of Hams
- Bill Cody K6UHF & the Southern California Repeater Network (SCRN, Inc.)
- Site manager
- Scott Werber K7RSW
- Climber & fabricator
- Chris Ortega KI7VLP
- Helped with the install
- Ryan Rogers N7RMK
- Brokered the deal
- Rob Clark KG6DTL
- Suggested the idea to Ryan
- Justin Harris KG7FKJ
- Helped resolve my DNS issues
- Terry Gillard NX7R
- RF testing and quality control
- Bob Woollum WB6TNP
- Richie Seebach K7APX
- Figured out how to not send key-ups via AllStar when P25 is activated